Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 10 Months Emma Grace


Emma's First Day


Emma Going home from the Hospital


Emma at 3 Months


4 Months


6 Months


Emma at 9 Months


Emma Today begging to get out of bed after her nap.

Today is Emma Grace's 10 Month Birthday and as I recap on this ever so fastly flowing year, I am astonished at what amazing creatures God has formed in us. I can remember how fragile she was the first weeks of her life and how terrified we all were to touch her and move her. I remember watching her breathe at night, just to be sure those lungs were working right. Then came the day she recognized us and I realized that she really did love us back. Then she laughed, and crawled, and clapped for the first time. She said daddy, then baby, then papa and bye bye and pbbbllll, then she made clicking noises and started blowing kisses (the kind of kisses where she sucks in her cheeks and smacks her lips like a fish- I taught her that!!!) Now the house is baby proofed and her feet are starting to carry her around her little life. She hugs me and holds on tight as if I might leave her at any moment. She kisses me when I beg her and she tries to tickle me back. Her words are forming and her jibber jabber sentences get longer. Her body has grown into a 21 pound, 30 inches long big girl and she still keeps on eating. Her food is less pureed now and chunky pieces of meat and veggies now fill her high chair. What happened to my baby? I wonder? She is growing into a big girl who I admire and love so much. Here is a quick recap of the last 10 months! Happy Birthday Emma Grace and Happy Birthday Kay Kay who is the big 6-0 today!!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

So glad you are back. I've been meaning to call to check on you guys and wouldn't you know it I finally remembered last night while you were at work then forgot to call while you were on your way home. Doh! Oh well, maybe we'll catch up sometime soon. Hope you guys are all doing great!!