Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Emma's First Doctors Visit

Today Emma, Kim, and myself made our way down to the pediatricians office for Emma's first doctors appointment. Emma was amazing. She sat there and let the doctor check her and didn't even offer to pitch a fit. The doc weighed her and she now weighs 5 lbs 10 ounces. She has gained 6 ounces since we left the hospital on Sunday afternoon. We were all so excited. The doc said she looked great and she would not see us again until Emma's one month checkup. She did tell us that she highly recommended all of us that is around Emma for a long period of time to go get a flu shot (which Kim and I have not done). It looks like we will be getting a shot within the next day or so.

I would also like to thank everyone who came to the hospital to see Emma, Kim, and myself. It really meant a lot to us and our family. Our entire experience and stay at the hospital was great. It meant a lot to Kim and I that Suzy hung around to deliver Emma after she was off her on call period. I am not sure, but I believe that she had worked over 30 hours without hardly any sleep once Emma was delivered. Words can not express how grateful we are to you Suzanne.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Love, love the new pictures! Sounds like a great docs visit.