Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stormy March

First and foremost, I appologize for the extended length of time between now and our last blog. Thanks to Brandi, maybe I'll get back on track (thank you Brandi). March has been stormy in many ways. I think God has had us in the valley here lately and believe me I'm climbing fast to find that mountain. My sweet aunt Carolyn passed away earlier this month, leaving my entire family heartbroken. I've never seen anyone fight as hard as she did. She found out last January/February that she had stage 4 cancer that had spread from her Colon to her liver, lungs, and it seems like everywhere in her tiny little body. She attempted every kind of treatment, but God had better plans for her. We were blessed to be with her in her last hours and witnessed the angels come to greet her into heaven. Then came Easter...Dusty had a golf tournament in Jekyll Island, so Emma and I made the long trek down to be with him. She travelled great! No tears, Just sleep! What a great baby I have. We enjoyed the first two days together lounging by the beach one day and strolling around the island another. But then came Easter Sunday...I had great plans to stroll her around the golf course (you can do that with sweet babies like Emma), but the wind decided to blow and the temperature decided to drop, so we had to stay in the car and wait on the team to finish so that we could make the long trek back to Cleveland. This ended up being a terribly boring day, being in the car from 11 am to 11 pm with a baby is NOT a good idea for anyone-FYI. I am not sure if it was the stress of the weekend or the emotion of the entire month piling up at once, but poor Dusty had to witness a melt down when he finally arrived at home around midnight Easter Sunday. He somehow put the pieces back together, as usual, and we got to sleep around 1 am. The late night lead to a crazy Monday morning, which I hate anyway, and just as the bell rang for the students to be in class, I walk into work, not a good idea with ninth graders! They like to remind you of these things when they walk in late!...Well, enough of dwelling on the stormy month of March. The great news is that Spring Break has started today and North GA Tech is out for a few weeks too! Emma and I have great plans for the next week and hopefully by the end of it we'll be standing on top of that mountain and watching the flowers bloom! Tomorrow I'll put some pics of Emma Grace at the Beach on the blog.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Sorry, it's been so rough these last few weeks. And I'm sure Joe can sympathize with Dusty over the whole "picking up the pieces" thing. Where would we be without our sweet husbands?

Amanda L said...

I am sorry it has been rough too. I am glad you are posting againd though. I love keeping up with you guys!

MaryBeth said...

So glad you are back... I love seeing the photos of those sweet little baby cheeks that Emma Grace has. Hope we'll see you guys some while you are off!