Saturday, May 3, 2008

Special Olympics

Emma putting on Sunscreen before her big parade performance.


Uncle Brian praying


Emma, Mommy, and Papa


Brian kissing Emma


Emma and Mommy
Friday was Special Olympics for our school system and since I only teach one block in the mornings, Emma Grace, Aunt Bee, and I all went to watch our dear friends. The parade was fun to watch. Emma's Papa Gailey was in the parade representing the Chamber of Commerce and he asked if he could stroll Emma around with him. The two almost stole the show as her favorite Kay Kay announced her in the parade. Emma's uncle Brian said the opening prayer which was delightful as always. I bet God loves it when Brian prays! Then we stayed to hear Cool Cat Carter Cruce sing the National Anthem. -Go Carter!- The two are members of our church, while Carter is a student in my Ninth Grade Academy Cosmetology class. (You should see him do hair and nails-you'd switch hair dressers if you could). The day was great and I can't wait until next year.

It brings me joy to know that Emma Grace will have a lifetime of Love and Enjoyment out of her uncles Brian and Carter, who love and adore her.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I really hate that we missed it... forgot that was where KayKay was going to be for the morning, and only realized it when Kelli called to tell us Carter was singing. Too late by then to dress 5 girls and make it on time. I'm going to ask for multiple reminders for next year from both Carter's family and Brian's! Glad you guys had a great time!!

Brandi said...

Oh yes, I've had the opportunity to watch Carter in action in cosmetology! And we got to hang out with him some in Washington DC, he just thinks Joe is the greatest! I wish I could have heard him sing though.

auntbubbles said...

How sweet!