Monday, February 23, 2009

Cute stuff happens when Mommy is away...

There'll be no pictures to prove it, but I actually got away with the girls this weekend for a much needed R&R break! The girls from my Thursday night bible study took a trip to Destin for the weekend. We enjoyed having the luxury of doing absolutely nothing on absolutely no schedule and laughing 'til our bellies hurt the entire time. Our trip down on Friday was smooth with a minor hiccup once we arrived that ended up being the highlight of the trip. (inside joke-coocoo for coccoa puffs). I'm still not positive if I went to bed at 2am or 3am but who cares by that time anyway, right??? It was no big deal since I could sleep in late the next morning, which ended up being a joke when I woke up around 7:30. There went that plan!!! Saturday was fun, we walked the beach to eat lunch at a great seafood place down the street, crashed at the house for the rest of the afternoon, and enjoyed an evening of hilarious games to top it off. We discovered that Amanda should go to Nashville for her humming abilities and I might possibly be this year's Oscar winner for Best Actress in a Guesstures or Cranium game!!! Anna you would be so proud!!!Bedtime was much earlier Saturday night and I actually slept until 8:30 on Sunday morning...Now that's late since Emma likes to get up at 6:30 every single day. We lounged for the morning, ate brunch at a nice little restaurant and headed back home to find we had to detour to bypass bumper to bumper traffic for miles on 85! Thanks to our friend Garmin we can proudly say the detour was problem free! I arrived home to hear of all of the wonderful cute things that Emma had been doing....

1. When her aunt bee told her she would spank her on the count of 3 if she didn't stop touching her laptop. Bee counted to one and Emma decided to finish her off with 2 and 3!!! So funny. Like Aunt Bee would spank her any how???

2. She is now fascinated with "getting" people. She reaches out as if to scare you and when you jump and scream she laughs so hard her belly hurts. She sounds like an adult when she does it! Hilarious. Then she started saying "I get Papa".
I consider that a sentence!

I hate that I missed some of her cute moments but thrilled to return as a sane mommy after a much needed girls weekend. Thanks Dusty for taking such great care of our little girl. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Amanda L said...

Re: number 2, I definitely consider that a sentence.