Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood... Quite a fitting song considering the Rogers family loved the gorgeous weekend God gave us in the middle of February! Just as the winter blues had consumed me, this warm sunny weekend came to save the day. Friday, I enjoyed another wonderful girls night out with my sister and friend Juliana. We went out for sushi and to see HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU! A must see. You'll laugh and cry and cheer and act silly all at the same time.

Here's a picture of Emma after one of my crazy clients, namely Donna Stoc... got ahold of her. (Note to self...Never leave your child alone with this woman!!!)



Saturday was a hectic day, but fun at the same time. I threw my sister in law a baby shower, played outside with Emma and Aunt Bee, then went to watch Piedmont's basketball game with Emma and Dusty. She got to see her long lost boyfriend Hagen, whom we hadn't seen in months and was entertained by the enormous lions mascot dancing on the court. We ended the night with some delicioso Mexican food. Emma ate a cheese quesadilla and pitched a fit in front of everyone. (Is this really starting already????)

Aunt Gina really loved the gift Emma gave her!


Binkly licking Emma's hand.


She has a thing for Angels...


Sunday was another great day. After church we grabbed a nap. Well actually, this was quite hilarious. Emma insisted I rock her to sleep, but I woke her up while trying to put her down for the second time, so I jumped in the bed with her (Yes her crib!) Don't laugh, at least I can fit in there! I ended up falling asleep myself. I woke up with Dusty standing over me shaking his head in total amazement. Then later that day, we took Emma to the driving range to hit golf balls. (Brag Moment---I actually hit the ball this time.) I really loved this warm weekend and pray for many more to come.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I can't believe you slept in the crib with her! I actually considered doing that a few times but thought I thought I would break it. I'll keep that in mind for the future.