Monday, June 2, 2008

Beach Bums!

Yes, it has been nearly two weeks and we are STILL at the Beach! Dusty left this morning for home and arrived around 3:30pm. But Emma and I are still here doing absolutely NOTHING and loving it! Sorry there are no photos of Savannah or Amelia Island, but I have posted some photos from Hilton Head Island below. This LONG trip away from home has really caused me to realize how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful baby girl. It doesn't matter what I do with her, she is just Always happy! I pray that one day Emma has a baby girl as wonderful as she is. I know some moms tell their children that they hope they have a child to pay them back for their bad behavior, but I don't think I will wish that on any of my children. Emma is a wonderful child who truly deserves a baby as wonderful as she. The beach has been a blast! I have enjoyed spending all of the quality time with the fam., but I am ready to get home. Especially after I learned that my cat (Harley) just about "bit the dust" from dehydration while we've been gone. The miscommunication of WHERE he drinks water almost lead to his demise. Dusty and I are pretty clear as to where he likes to drink his water (the toilet), however, my sister thought we surely would have his water jug full in his automatic feed/water, so she decided she would close the lid to the toilet when she moved out of the basement the week before. Thankfully, before she left for Amelia Island she thought she would check on him and to her surprise, he was deathly ill from dehydration. She got the situation under control and headed down to the beach. Anyway, he's fine, but I would really love to get home to the little rascal. We'll be home Wednesday night with lots of pictures to post. We love and miss you all.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

After 2 weeks at the beach I guess you have become true beach bums!! Get home safely... we miss you guys too!

crissy said...

I am so glad you all had a wonderful time and we missed you!. .... my hair is needing some major TLC from KIMmers!! So as soon as you are able to work on this mop...I'm ready! Welcome back and I know you are truly blessed w/precious Emma Grace!