Friday, June 13, 2008

Time Flies

Emma Grace at one week old, 5 pounds, 14 ounces and 19 inches long



Emma Grace at 6 months old, 16.5 pounds and 27 inches long



It's hard to believe that she is halfway to one year. It has gone by so fast and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get it back. I have found myself dripping with tears at night as I lay her down to sleep. My prayers are getting longer and my pleas and "deals" with God continue to increase as I can see my little angel is definitely going to "GROW UP". Each night is exactly the same. She takes her bath, I prepare her bottle with one hand while holding her with the other as she giggles the entire time because she knows exactly what is coming next. I take her to her room, turn on her flowery night light, put a bib on her as she is now grunting because I am taking too long, then as I give her the bottle~she looks up at me with such love in her eyes and watches me sing to her until she drifts off to sleep. It's hard for me to lay her down anymore, so I just hold her asleep on my shoulder as she nudges her face into my neck and in the quiet I pray for God to bring her health, joy, love, and all of the things that her heart can desire. I pray for her to grow into a humble, joyful, loving young lady. I pray for her to respect others, for her to love God so much it hurts, for her to love her family, for her to give to the needy, for me to be able to learn from her and her from me. I especially thank God for giving her to me and I thank Him for the angels that I know surround her each night as she sleeps. Then I kiss her on her cheeks and lay her down for the night, go in my room and thank God that she sleeps all night long.

This place I am in as a mommy, I hope every mommy has in her own experience. I love her so much it hurts sometimes, but the greatest gift of all is knowing that I don't have to be a perfect mommy, just the best one I can be~and to give her to God is the best gift I can give her.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

She is getting so big, and she is just adorable! She looks like the perfect mix between you two. I can see you and Dusty equally in that sweet little face!

MaryBeth said...

She is absolutely adorable! I could eat her up!! We can't wait to swim and play with you guys some this week.