Monday, June 9, 2008

Family Vacation

Well, I guess I'll catch up on some old news and blog about Emma's first family vacation(s). It all started in Hilton Head where we stayed for nearly a week with Papa and Mimi Rogers, Aunt Bee, and John. We spent most of our days at the pool, since the nearest beach was a 1/2 mile down the road and Beach Access parking was a nightmare. Emma Grace enjoyed her first swimming pool experience as you can see in her expression...



John and Emma Grace sporting the shades...




From Hilton Head, Papa and Mimi Rogers, Dusty, Emma and I all drove to Savannah for my first trip EVER. Can you believe it? From my unimpressed trip to River Street during the hottest day of the year to my oh so impressed trip to the squares of Savannah on a trolley. It was a trip that I am glad I made once and I am glad I don't have to do it again all at the same time. Here you can see Emma Grace with her Mimi and Papa. Can you tell how excited she was to be riding a trolley?




Dusty and Emma on River Street


From Savannah, Dusty, Emma Grace and I drove to Amelia Island and met up with Mimi and Papa Gailey, Aunt Bubbles (Amanda), Uncle Trey, Aunt Gina, and Cousins Caitlyn and Blake. In Amelia we spent another week. Emma had more time at the beach since it was right out our back door. She enjoyed the ocean but was quite disgusted with the feel of sand on her fingers. Here are a few photos of her ocean experience...





After taking these wonderful photos a nearby fisherman (I mean only 5 feet away) caught this sand shark that was just swimming around our little toes...



As you can tell, the trip was quite eventful and much to much to blog about at once, but here are some cute photos to enjoy...

On the docks at Fernandina Beach



A big Happy Family

Caitlyn and Trey...
Can you tell who wears the pants in this family?



Blake riding the "boat"

No comments: