Saturday, April 12, 2008

4 months old


As of April 7th, she turned 4 months old! My feelings are quite mixed about the whole thing. I love her in this new stage of her life, but I miss my little 5 pounder! She is growing so fast.

Her doctor was very pleased with her on Tuesday! It had been two months since we had last seen her. The anticipation of her four month shots left me a mess leading up to Tuesday. I made Dusty go with me; I just couldn't stand to do it by myself. Once it was all over, she acted as if it was no big deal, making mom of course look like the BABY.

Emma weighs 14 1/2 pounds and is 24 1/2 inches long! A few pounds smaller than I thought from carrying her around so much. I guess maybe her mother needs to join the gym to build up her muscles. I can tell she's getting stronger and her little legs never stop moving. I think she'll run before she can crawl. I wait every day for her to start rolling over, but since she really can't stand being on her belly long (she likes to see what's going on) she doesn't seem to be very interested in rolling over on it!

I tell Dusty that she says mommy when he's not paying attention, but the truth is she just loves the sound of her own voice. Maybe she'll sing like her Aunt Bee??? We are blessed to have such an angel as a child. I'll never know what I did to deserve her, but I thank God for her every second of the day.

We'll put some new pics on soon!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hope you don't think it is weird of me to comment but I found your blog through Lindsey Oliver's and I have a son who is just 3 days older than Emma. He is also is 14.5 lbs and hates playtime on his tummy. He rolls over only when he wants to. I think they have control over it now, where as early on it was just what happend as a result of a lifting their head way up. She is so precious. I just think it is neat to they are doing such similar things and so close in age.