Monday, April 28, 2008

Memorial Golf Tournament


Today was the Memorial Golf Tournament in memory of my Aunt Carolyn that passed away in March. Her husband Bob and children Collin, Courtney, and Corey (son-in-law) put it on in order to raise money for Relay for Life. The one day event raised nearly $9000 and counting! The turnout was great, even Emma Grace and I went to cheer on our favorite golfers. The event was in Monroe, so after my LONG 2 hours at the Ninth Grade Academy, I picked her up at Memma's (that's Sherry-she changed her name!) and off we went on the 1 1/2 hour trip. Emma slept all morning at her Memma's, so I was afraid she would scream all of the way, but the sweety decided she would only scream for the last thirty minutes! We finally arrived around 11:30-Just in time to feed my starving daughter-then off to see her daddy we went. My husband Dusty, brother Trey, Coach Glenn, and Sister-in-law Bethann all played in the tournament and ended up -13 for the tournament. Not quite winners, but close! Emma strolled thru 4 of the 18 holes with her dad, he can't wait for his little Tiger to get out there and play with him. She also had a great time playing with her sweet cousin Ella. Bethann's friend Erin was a student of Courtney's and she decided she would ride along with the group. I wish Carolyn could have been there, she would be very proud of her family!

2 comments:

auntbubbles said...

I wish I could have been there! That's an awesome picture. I know Carolyn is so proud.

AUNT BEE said...

I really had a great time playing :-)